Water Conservation Stage 2
May 24, 2021
The Board voted at our Regular Meeting held on May 20, 2021, to initiate Stage 2 of our Water Conversation Policy. Please read below.
Stage 2 – Water Shortage Warning
Stage 2 is a condition resulting in a 10 to 20% water shortage necessitating a higher level of voluntary water use reduction. The District will expand the public information campaign and step up enforcement of water conservation measures. Customers are expected to re-double voluntary water use reductions and strictly adhere to water conservation measures.
WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES
Customers shall comply with the following water conservation measures:
- Potable water shall not be used to clean or sweep hard surfaces such as sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or parking areas, and only as necessary to protect the public health
- Hotels, motels and other places for commercial transient occupancy shall offer guests who stay more than one night the opportunity to retain towels and linens during their
- Car washing is permitted only with the use of a nozzle having an automatic shut-off.
- Fountains and other decorative water features shall recirculate water.
- Drinking water shall be served only upon request in eating or drinking establishments, including but not limited to restaurants, hotels, cafes, cafeterias, bars, or other public places where food or drink are served and/or purchased.
Customers shall use the following irrigation practices:
- Irrigation shall occur after 5:00 p.m. and before 10:00 a.m. No irrigation is permitted during and within 48 hours after measurable
- Irrigation shall not run off to streets, gutters or adjacent properties.
- The District shall assist in the promotion of water efficient irrigation practices under the Water Conservation in Landscaping Act.
- Limit the number of watering days, if and as determined by the Board, except that watering is permitted at any time with a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off, a faucet filled bucket of five gallons or less, or a drip irrigation